Sort It! Deakin Legal Service for Students
- Request an appointment using the Online Form
- Location and Getting There
- Resources for Students
- Sort It! Updates & Events
Sort It provides free and confidential legal advice, information, referral and education to currently enrolled Deakin students. Legal advice is provided by qualified lawyers. Sort It can advise on legal matters such as:
- Fines / Infringements
- Motor Vehicle accidents (not TAC)
- Debt / Bills / Consumer problems including Scams
- Tenancy / Housing
- Employment Law including Sexual Harassment and Bullying
- Stalking & Family Violence
- Family Law
- Reporting Sexual Assault
- Minor Criminal Matters
- Victims of Crime Assistance
- Student Visas / Migration Law*
* All migration advice is provided by registered Migration Agent Shasheema Ruwanpathirana (MARN 1574896). To access a copy of The Migration Agents Code of Conduct, please click here.
If you are unsure whether your problem is a legal one, please submit a legal query using the online form. If Sort It cannot assist you, the staff will refer you to someone who can.
Sort It! Deakin Legal Service is provided by Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) in partnership with Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) and Barwon Community Legal Service (BCLS).
Please click here for information on getting to the Deakin Legal Service for Students at the Burwood Campus.
Resources for Students
Sort It! Updates & Events
- 19 April 2017: Changes to the Skilled Migration Visa Occupation List
- 27 April 2017: Employment Scams
- 29 August 2017: EVENT Know Your Rights: visa and migration session
If you are a law student interested in volunteering with the Sort It service, please see ECLC info on Volunteers.