Director – Legal Services (Principal Lawyer)
- Full-time (or part-time neg.); fixed term contract to April 2019
- Senior leadership position
- Attractive employee benefits including tax-effective salary packaging, leave loading on annual leave and additional paid leave over Christmas/New Year
Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) has been working with individuals and communities for over 40 years to resolve legal problems, improve laws and legal processes and alleviate socio-economic disadvantage. ECLC’s vision is a community that respects and upholds human rights, fairness, and justice.
ECLC aims to make legal help available to all those in the community who would otherwise not have access to a lawyer, whilst prioritising services and targeting programs to those who experience acute disadvantage.
The Director – Legal Services (Principal Lawyer) provides leadership, management and oversight across the Legal Services Directorate, the legal practice and a number of key projects, particularly in relation to family violence. The Director also manages and guides the strategic advocacy, law reform and policy initiatives of ECLC.
ECLC’s Director – Legal Services has been appointed as the CEO of the Federation of Community Legal Centres on a 10-month secondment. The Centre seeks a suitably qualified community lawyer and sector leader to act in this role for that period.
Although the role requires considerable legal expertise and experience, the Director undertakes very limited direct client work. As a growing dynamic organisation addressing diverse community need, the Director also engages with key partnerships and services across the region and beyond, through a layered collaborative approach.
- Leadership and strategic direction
- Oversight of the Legal Practice
- Supervision and support of Managing Lawyers, Manager Major Projects
- Partnership and Community development
- Developing Integrated Practice
- Strategic Advocacy and Law Reform
There is no closing date of applications. Applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and document addressing the key selection criteria contained in the position description at their earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback: ECLC does not have capacity to provide feedback to all applicants. Those who are interviewed will be provided feedback on request.
ECLC employees will be expected to comply with the ECLC Code of Conduct.