Sort It Update: Changes to the Skilled Migration Visa Occupation List
The Commonwealth Government recently made changes to the Skilled Migration Visa Occupation List.
From 19 April 2017, the Commonwealth government introduced the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) to replace the ‘Skilled Occupation List’ (SOL), and also introduced the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to replace the ‘Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List’ (CSOL).
The following Visa Subclasses may be affected by the changes:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457)
- Direct Entry stream of the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) (subclass 186)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489)
- Skilled Nominated (subclass 190)
- Skilled Independent (subclass 189)
- Training visa (subclass 407) and
- Graduate Work stream of the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
If you are an international student at Deakin University and suspect these changes could affect your future visa options, please contact the Sort It! Deakin Legal Service for Students using the online query form to discuss your concerns with our staff.
For more information about the changes, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.