Deakin Student Legal Service
Students can request appointments from using the Legal Query Form below.
- Request an appointment using the Online Form
- Location and Getting There
- Resources for Students
- Updates & Events
- Give us your feedback
Deakin Student Legal Service (DSLS) provides free and confidential legal advice, information, referral and education to currently enrolled Deakin students. Legal advice is provided by qualified lawyers. DSLS can advise on legal matters such as:
- Fines / Infringements
- Motor Vehicle accidents (not TAC)
- Debt / Bills / Consumer problems including Scams
- Tenancy / Housing
- Employment Law including Sexual Harassment and Bullying
- Stalking & Family Violence
- Family Law
- Reporting Sexual Assault
- Minor Criminal Matters
- Victims of Crime Assistance
- Student Visas / Migration Law*
* All migration advice is provided by registered Migration Agent Shasheema Ruwanpathirana (MARN 1574896). To access a copy of The Migration Agents Code of Conduct, please click here.
If you are unsure whether your problem is a legal one, please submit a legal query using the online form. If DSLS cannot assist you, the staff will refer you to someone who can.
Deakin Student Legal Service is provided by Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) in partnership with Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) and Barwon Community Legal Service (BCLS).
Please click here for information on getting to DSLS at the Burwood Campus.
Resources for Students
Updates & Events
- 25 July 2019: (event) Post Study Options for international students
- 31 July 2019: (event) Become job ready
- 8 August 2019: (event) Student Visas for international students
If you are a law student interested in volunteering with the Deakin Student Legal Service, please see ECLC info on Volunteers.
Give us your feedback
Student feedback is valuable for helping DSLS to deliver legal services that meet student needs.
We invite you to give us feedback.
Request an Appointment
Please note there are no more appointments available for 2019.
Deakin Student Legal Service will be closed from Friday 20 December 2019 and will re-open on Monday 6 January 2020. If your matter is urgent, then please call Victoria Legal Aid on 1300 792 387.