Pilot free legal service for Swinburne University students
Swinburne Student Union and Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) are piloting a new free confidential legal service for Swinburne University students. Enrolled students can now request a free appointment with a Swinburne Student Union Legal (SSUL) lawyer or migration agent for legal advice, information, referral, and education.
SSUL can advise on legal matters such as:
- Student Visas / Migration Law
- Tenancy / Housing
- Employment law including sexual harassment and bullying
- Stalking & family violence
- Fines / Infringements
- Motor vehicle accidents (not TAC)
- Debt / Bills / Consumer problems including scams
- Minor criminal matters
ECLC’s community lawyer Gergis Ayoub below answers Swinburne University student questions about the new pilot SSU Legal service which will run for about eight weeks.
Find out more or complete the Online Legal Query Form to request a free appointment with a SSUL lawyer or migration agent.